- Pre-Teen (PT0) under 7
- (PT1) 7 - 9
- (PT2) 10-11
- Junior (J1) 12-13
- (J2) 14-16
- Youth (Y) 16-18
- Pro/Am Single Dance Events (A1)18-30, (A2)31-40, (A3)41-50, (B1)51-60, (B2)61-70, (C1)71-80, (C2)over 80
- Pro/Am Scholarship and Multi-Dance Events (A)18-35, (B)36-50, (C)over 50
- Amateur (A)18-35, (B)36-50, (C)over 50
- No costuming for Pre-Teen competitors, please follow NDCA guidelines.
Solo Exhibition/Group Exhibition
- All Solo Exhibition routines are limited to 2-1/2 minutes
- The music must be given to the D.J. all cued and ready, 1/2 hour before the Exhibition is scheduled to be danced.
- Newcomers, (First time competitor or less than 30 hours of lessons)
- Pre-Bronze, Bronze I, Bronze II, Open Bronze
- Silver I, Silver II, Open Silver
- Gold I, Gold II, Gold Open, Gold Star
- Pro/Am Juveniles/Juniors will compete in the same session as the corresponding Adult division.
- All Scholarship contestants must dance the equivalent events in single dance non-scholarship entries
- Syllabus Bronze, Silver and Gold
- Open Amateur
- All Amateur American Style (including Juniors) except Open Amateur, will compete in the same session as the corresponding Pro/Am Adult division.
- NDCA syllabus
- No continuity style in closed Bronze
- Silver will be restricted to the Bronze and Silver syllabus
- Gold will be restricted to syllabus
- Pre-Championship and Open categories will be unrestricted except for the use of lifts
- Those not adhering to syllabus restrictions will be warned in early rounds and disqualified in finals.
- Costumes are not required in newcomers.
- Traditional costumes are optional for Pre-Bronze and Bronze I and encouraged for Bronze II and above.
- Costumes are allowed in amateur Syllabus divisions.